Primary Sports Funding
Uffington CE Primary School is allocated Primary PE Sports Premium which provides funding to support and improve the quality of PE and Sports in our school. Schools must spend this funding on their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
We use the Sports Premium to ensure that all pupils have access to a sports programme that will stimulate and promote healthy and active lives and enable them to fulfil their sporting potential.
Through the Primary PE sports premium we aim to support:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The raising of the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- The development of increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- The provision of a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Uffington CE Primary School is a member of a local sports charity called Inspire+. The charity was set up specifically to support schools develop PE, school sport and leadership in both primary and secondary schools. Details of the charity can be seen on their website www.inspireplus.org.uk
Our commitment to the development of PE and Sport has been recognised through the School Games Mark. The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress. We are proud to have achieved the GOLD standard once again in 2022.