Charges & Remissions
CHARGES AND REMISSION POLICY
- Activities offered wholly or mainly during normal teaching time are available to all pupils, regardless of their parents’ ability or willingness to meet the costs.
- Optional activities provided wholly or mainly out of school hours may be charged for, at the discretion of the school.
- Wherever possible, the school will invite voluntary contributions to support any activity organised by the school, whether during or outside school hours.
- Voluntary contributions are invited at the beginning of each term to support the costs of entrance to the swimming pool and transport to Stamford.
- A small voluntary contribution will be requested at the beginning of each term to help cover the cost of special events in school. This will be paid into the School Fund.
- Parents may be asked to cover the cost of replacing broken windows, damaged or lost books and equipment where this is the result of a pupil’s behaviour.
- Music tuition – Individual and small group instrumental tuition is charged for, and paid directly to the tutor. No charge is made for the use of school premises for these lessons.
The school is required by law to point out that contributions are made on a voluntary basis. Pupils will not be treated differently according to whether or not their parents have made a contribution. However, it is hoped that parents will appreciate the importance of extra activities and help the school to cover its costs as far as possible. It must be noted that in the event of lack of financial support from parents, some activities may have to be cancelled, although this has not been the case so far.
We do not request contributions from families eligible for free school meals.
Latest review June 2019