How parents can help us:
- Ensure that their children attend school regularly and that they arrive on time.
- Contact the school whenever their child is absent, giving details of the reason or the absence and the length of time the child will be away.
- Help their child prepare for the school day by ensuring that homework has been done and the child has everything he/she needs for the day ahead.
- Attend Parents' Consultation Evenings to discuss progress or problems and talk to the staff if there are problems or changes in family circumstances which may affect the child.
- Contact the school if problems arise which may keep their child away from school, so that the school can help.
When a child has been absent from school for any reason, a written note is required when the child returns to school. THIS IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.
If you wish to keep your child away from school for any reason (hospital appointment, etc), a written note in advance is requested.
If your child is not well enough to come to school, a telephone call to the school office at the earliest opportunity is much appreciated. In this way we can ensure that all children who should be in school have arrived safely.
Holidays during Term time
The headteacher is not permitted to authorise family holidays during term time except in exceptional circumstances. Further information can be found in the school's Attendance Policy which can be accessed via the link below.
Illness & Accidents
If your child is taken ill or has an accident at school, one of three courses of action will be taken:
- If the illness / injury is not thought to be serious, the child will be cared for at school.
- In more serious cases, we will make every effort to contact you and ask you to collect the child.
- In emergency cases, the child may be taken to hospital. In which case, we would contact you as soon as possible.
It is most important that we can reach you by telephone in an emergency. Please notify us immediately of any changes which necessitate an alteration to our emergency contact details.
Please do not send your child to school if he or she is unwell.
Medicines in School
Medicines cannot be administered by members of staff and ONLY UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES should there be any medicines on the school premises. One exception is inhalers for asthma sufferers, when the child would be expected to know how and when to use them. If a child is well enough to attend school, but is on a course of medication which has to be taken regularly during the day, it is acceptable for a PARENT to come into school to administer the drugs – by arrangement with the Headteacher.
Please advise the school of any changes to addresses and telephone numbers AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so that we can update our records as necessary. This is particularly important in the case of emergency telephone numbers.